By: Elizabeth Coffey, Marketing G2 Digital Marketing Specialist
While the publishing industry has experienced its fair share of challenges due to the digital revolution (and is still trying to work through many of them), the digital revolution has given publishers a powerful tool to help them drive revenue and to work towards a stable financial future.
The level of audience data and consumer insights that can be collected in this modern era is truly amazing. You can figure out who your readers are, where they’re coming from, and what content they’re interested in consuming. You can use this information to improve your marketing strategy, increasing ROI and your overall revenue.
Below are 5 revolutionary ways smart media companies are using their data to shore up their businesses and drive revenue.
- Publishers are proving that they’re the true experts on their audience – Data gives you the ability to dig down deep to reveal what really motivates readers to subscribe or respond to ads. Knowing your audience’s attributes makes you more attractive to advertisers who are trying to reach their target market. Use data to prove to brands that you have the ability to cut through the noise and bring their unique advertising messages to their specific customer base.
- Publishers are using data to pitch more original ideas – Brands are accustomed to fielding pitches and campaign offers from both agencies and publishers. With data and a different perspective, publishers can come up with original ideas that will really impact a brand’s bottom line and improve their overall visibility within the marketplace.
- Publishers are producing better turnaround times – Timing is everything when it comes to making sure an advertising campaign is on track and will be effective when it reaches a brand’s desired audience. This is especially true for seasonal promotions, products, and companies. Rather than putting the time and energy into collecting copious amounts of their own data and research, brands can rely on your data to get their advertising campaigns out there to consumers more expediently.
- Publishers are using data to challenge the pre-conceived notions that people have about them - Publishing can still be profitable even in today’s digital world with the proper application of audience data. Data can be used to drive subscriptions as well as advertising revenue. Publishers are proving every day that they’re becoming more and more technologically astute.
- Publishers are increasing their overall reach with reader data - With audience data, publishers can implement more effective reader-revenue and content strategies. By using data to guide editorial content and marketing messages, publishers can reach more of the many different audiences they didn’t know they had previously. MG2 ConneXt is a client engagement platform that you can use to create custom conversations with your readers to drive subscription conversions.
Are you making the most of the data available to you?
Marketing G2 technology makes your data easier to manage. Call
Request a Live Demo